Beginning this school year, State Senate bill 376 requires that all students at campuses where 80% or more of the students are qualified for free and reduced meals, to be able to receive Free Breakfast. There will no longer be Full Price or Reduced Price meals for breakfast.
No Action is required by the parents for their students to receive Free Breakfast. Students will come through the line as usual, but there is not a charge.
Students that do not qualify for Free or Reduced Meals will be charged $2.75 for lunch.
2nd Grade: 8:20 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
Kindergarten: 9:10 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
1st Grade: 10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Pre-K: 11:10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
4th Grade: 1:15 p.m. – 2:05 p.m.
3rd Grade: 2:05 p.m. – 2:55 p.m.
PREKINDERGARTEN, KINDERGARTEN AND 1ST THROUGH 4TH GRADE STUDENTS ARE SUBJECT TO COMPULSORY ATTENDANCE LAWS.
Texas Education Code 25.085
Compulsory attendance regulations apply to students who miss a portion of the school day as well as those who are absent.
Punctuality is an important trait that shows respect for oneself, fellow students, teachers and the education system.
Students who are excessively tardy or consistently leave early will miss valuable instructional time.
Texas law states that it is the parents duty to monitor the students school attendance and require the student to attend school.
A complaint against the parent may be filed in court under Family Code 65.003(a) if the student is absent without excuse from school on 10 or more days, or parts of days, within a 6 month period in the same school year.
IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE REMINDERS
1. Attendance for elementary schools in Conroe ISD is officially recorded at 9 a.m. each day. Afternoon pre-kindergarten attendance is recorded at 1 p.m.
2. Students are considered tardy at 8:05 a.m. Afternoon pre-k students are tardy at 12:30 p.m.
3. When a student is tardy, a parent must accompany the child into the building and come to the front office upon arrival.
4. If a student is absent at 9 a.m. (1 p.m. for afternoon pre-k) due to a doctorâs appointment or leaves for an appointment, he/she will be counted present if the parent brings the child back to school on the same day with a doctors statement verifying the appointment. The parent must complete a Health Care Professional form upon arrival.
5. When a student is absent, parents must contact the front office as soon as possible. The student â upon return to school â must bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. The campus will document in its attendance records for the student whether the absence is considered by the District to be excused or unexcused. Please note that unless the absence is for a statutorily allowed reason under compulsory attendance laws, the District is not required to excuse any absence, even if the parent provides a note explaining the absence.
6. Should a student develop a questionable pattern of absences, the principal or attendance committee may require a statement from a doctor or health care provider verifying the illness or condition that caused the studentâs absence from school.
The purpose of Title Funding is to provide additional resources for our school to ensure that all students receive a high quality education. Â At Anderson Elementary we seek to increase parent communication regarding the services available to our students through Title Funding and to demonstrate ways that parents and teachers can work together to ensure that all of our Anderson All-Stars are successful.